Please do not alter photos in any way. Please only borrow photos for PERSONAL use and please ALWAYS give Dana R. Atwood credit for the pictures you use. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just to keep things moving....

Hey Everybody!

Some of you may be just joining so, before I get ahead of myself with more posts, I want to explain exactly what has been going on here.

Four years ago I met my soul mate. We dated for one month before leaving the country on a two and a half month vacation. People thought we were crazy...and just so you know....we are!

Anyway, we finally got married December 10th, 2011 in Portland, Oregon after two babies and a lot more travelling.

When we went on that first trip I kept a travel journal. You see, I had NEVER left the country before. EVER! No Mexico. No Canada. Nothing! The first place this awesome man dropped me in was Laos. I figured I should keep track of all these "new to me" experiences. So I did.

Now, four years later, we are taking another mega trip. This time it's for our honeymoon and we have our two babies with us. Again....crazy people!

I am keeping a journal for this trip that we are on right now but I thought first I should post my old journal. You see, I think it's pretty cool that I kept track of what was happening at the beginning of my relationship with my husband. So, I want to do our love story justice by starting at the beginning.

That is why when you read my blogs they are from four years ago even though I posted them recently. If you want to see the entire story I suggest you start at my oldest post and work your way up to the present.

I don't plan on making my entire blog about just travel for all eternity. This is just my blog's current project. My blog is about being me. I have gone through a lot of changes, as we all have, and our experiences shape who we are. Traveling just happens to be a lot of these experiences.

I hope you enjoy this little project because I have had so much fun looking back in time. We are so lucky that we have the Internet and other resources so that we can take people on these journeys with us.

Lots of Love!

~Dana R. Atwood

3 comments:

  1. I am loving this blog never have I followed one before so you are my first. Lol the story that sparked my interest is how you guys met. Inquiring minds want to know. thank you fir sharing your personal story I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Like I said, I don't plan to make it only about travel. I plan to make it about me. Travel just happens to be a big part of that right now. :-)
    It's really exciting to think that I have a story worth sharing. If for nothing else, then at least entertainment. It's like I'm starting to fulfill a dream I didn't even know I had. Comments like yours help me realize this. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just found your reply and your welcome .... I can't wait to read about your honey moon this coming week, so know I will be waiting and reading. Keep it.up!

    ReplyDelete