Please do not alter photos in any way. Please only borrow photos for PERSONAL use and please ALWAYS give Dana R. Atwood credit for the pictures you use. Thanks!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

My butt is HUGE is Asia!


January 4th, 2012

Yesterday was a VERY BUSY day!

First, we went to the elephant camp. Right away, we hopped on some elephants and went for a ride. It was a good thing we were able to get right on. Otherwise, I’m not sure Chloe would have gone for it. But, there were no lines so we were on in the blink of an eye and Chloe was very relaxed. Throughout the entire ride she kept saying “This is so fun!” and “That’s a nice elephant!”

After the ride we watched the show. The elephants kicked soccer balls INTO nets! They played harmonicas, danced and did other tricks.

My favorite part was when they painted. The elephant in front of our section of the audience was doing so well that we decided that we wanted to buy the painting. Master Chia went to ask them about it and before the elephant was even finished he made them an offer. They accepted and before the paint even dried there were disappointed audience members. They wanted the painting too. But, it was ours! Some of these elephants can paint better than me!!!!
Original Elephant Artwork!

We got to feed and play with the elephants after the show. I loved this part but Chloe had some serious reservations. She would not give bananas or money directly to the elephants. Instead, she would set the items on the ground in front of them. At least she tried to be a good sport. She showed interest and she did not cry once!
 

Next stop was Tiger Kingdom. You buy tickets for the size tiger you want to pet. The options were smallest, small, medium and “Big”. You could also pay extra to get a photographer to capture your experience. Master Chia, Vue and their kids as well as Jim, Myself and our kids all went into the “smallest” tiger cage. The cage itself was not small at all…but the little kittens inside were not too big. They were sooooo cute!!!! The kids got to pet them and lay down and cuddle them and hold their paws! We adults could not resist a turn with the cubs and we got the photographer to catch all the cuddly photo-ops. I’m so glad we did! The pictures are incredible!
Asher plays with a baby tiger

Master Chia and Vue’s nephew Max also went with us for the adventure. Even though he is a small 10 year old, he was very brave and went with the men to pose with the “Big” tiger!

After the tigers it was time for the crocodile farm. At this point, Asher had decided that he had enough fun. So, I waited in the van with my baby boy as he napped while everyone else went to see the crocs. I didn’t mind. I wasn’t really interested in the crocodile show anyway. When the rest of our group joined Asher and I in the van they told me that Chloe sat on the back of a crocodile!!! Um, they are lucky I was in the van!!!
Chloe gets on the croc!
 
After such an exciting day it was time to go home, have dinner and get to bed!

Today, Jim and I spent our first day alone together. Funny really, since this IS our honeymoon.

I got to choose the activity so naturally, we went shopping and had ice cream. The kids stayed behind at Tao Garden with Master Chia’s housekeepers/Nannies. Jim and I visited the market a Starbucks and the mall.
It had been a long time since my last Starbucks!
 
I was able to get some clothes at the mall. At home, I am pretty steady large top and medium to large bottom. Here in Thailand, I range from XL to XXXL in pretty much everything! And they don’t carry shoes large enough to fit me in ANY of the stores we went to. This issue did not phase me. I’m a shopper! So, I shopped! And I had a blast!!!

Posing with a friendly shopkeeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment