Please do not alter photos in any way. Please only borrow photos for PERSONAL use and please ALWAYS give Dana R. Atwood credit for the pictures you use. Thanks!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our Tao Wedding Album


January 7th, 2012

Last night Jim and I had our Tao wedding ceremony. I was very hesitant to go through with this since I take marriage so seriously and the Tao…not so much. As soon as I got fitted for my wedding costume I started to change my attitude. First, because I was realizing how much expense and effort Master Chia, Vue, and all of his staff were putting into the event and second, because I love to dress up! Okay, dressing up might have come first, but anyway…..;-)
 
Jim gets fitted for the wedding

The outfits were a mix of traditions between China and India. These dressings are used in the region where China and India share a border. It was pretty much a whole lot of fabric that was wrapped around me and some ornamental jewelry. It was the details that gave me the ‘wow factor’. The intricate patterns on the fabric were woven with gold thread. The accessories were covered in tiny ‘gemstones’ that would catch the light in a very impressive manner.
Chloe gets ready with some assistance.

Staff members at Master Chia's house enjoy helping Chloe get ready.

The ceremony hall was decorated with several floral arrangements. Some were small while others were very large. Some were so big that the vases that housed them were as tall as Chloe.
The aisle view of the wedding hall
 
The room itself was the shape of an octagon. In the center of the room was a carpet with the Pa-kua on it. (For more information about the Pa-kua visit: http://www.pakua.org/symbol/symbol.htm) Chairs were set up along all the walls so we were in the center surrounded by our guests.

When it was time to start the ceremony, Jim and I made our way from the entrance down a small aisle lined with flower arrangements. We took our places on the Pa-kua carpet and Chloe sat on the carpet too.
Jim, Myself and Chloe sit during the ceremony.
 
Jim and I each lit four candles to total eight…one on each side of the Pa-kua. Then Jim lit a candle inside a specially shaped vase. After he lit the candle, I placed a bowl of water over the flame in the vase. After a few minutes the fire and water make steam.

Jim & I light candles around the Pa-kua.
A closer look as I light the candles.
 
Master Chia spoke a lot about being united in the Tao. He invited all the guests to stand and surround us more closely. The guests then the guests walked together in circles around us while chanting and ‘sending’ us their warm blessings.  I could actually, physically feel this part. Their energy pulsed and I could FEEL it. Afterwards, Jim told me he felt the pulsing energy as well.

Energy pulses around us as guests pray for our best life together.

For the finale, Master Chia preformed a sword demonstration around the Pa-kua to seal our marriage.
A sword demonstration by Master Chia.
 
At last! We were married! Again. J
Me, Asher, Jim & Chloe pose after the ceremony.

After the ceremony, there was a big feast in the dining hall. We also had music and even a wedding cake!
When we retired to our room there was a huge heart on our bed made out of rose petals.
It’s amazing that we are lucky enough to have someone who would do all of this for us!
Master Chia and Tao Garden have given us a lot of very precious memories.
After some very early morning good-byes, we are off to Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment